Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Graduate School... Yay or nay?

Many public relations seniors are wondering what's the next step? Graduate school or job. I have been researching many public relations jobs and graduate programs for a few months now.

I found that many pr jobs do not require a Master's degree in public relations. However, some positions want candidates to have a MBA or a Master's degree in political science in addition to 2-3 years of experience in that field. These just are some of the common requirements I came across.

It's is possible that if you go straight to grad school you may be over qualified for as entry-level pr position. Although it is great to have a graduate degree, work experience is more relevant in the pr industry.

When searching for jobs i found that it is easier to go individual companies' website to see if they are hiring rather than using a search engine. Search engines are crowded and can cause an overwhelming feeling. I searched for pr firms and individually went to its career page. Here is a list to help you get started with your search.

Here are lists of websites that might help you as well:
All About Public Relations
Career In Marketing
O'Dwyer's Public Relations

I hope this helps!
God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your share! I think this information is helpful for everyone. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you found it to be useful. Good luck on the test! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading this post is really awesome experience. i gain really informative information. really appreciate this blogger.
      Business Management

      Delete